Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pros about the new place!

Hey all! I am sorry I have been MIA the last couple of weeks. We were finally finishing our move on the short sale we bid on in February. Wow! What a long wait. The move and closing went super fast though and I'm glad most of it is over. I still have a handful of boxes to unpack, but for the most part the place is feeling more like home everyday. 
Always Professional in Moving is the company we used and recommend.
Many of my close friends know that I was not excited about this house. I felt animosity towards this house after waiting so many months and seeing other houses slip out of our grasp. The longer we waited, the more I didn't want to move here. 

The hardest part is the location. While the location is actually in a various nice area, it's an hour drive from Baby J's best friend whose mother happens to be my best friend. It's not as long as I thought it would be, but it's still a drive-especially with a one year old. 
At least it's pretty!
The kitchen cabinets really bug me. The ceilings are nice and high and the appliances are high end, but the previous owners chose cabinets that are short and fit awkwardly in the space. As a person who loves to cook, this is a big downer for me. However, as I unpacked the kitchen and put things in there place, I realize it's not as bad as I thought. I still want new cabinets eventually, but I can live without them. 

I have found a lot of positives of this house now that we are settled in and using it. For instance, when it comes to diapers and cleaning, this place has the last house beat for sure. 

First, it has two sinks in the guest bathroom. Since I have started rinsing Baby J's inserts after each use, I often find myself with inserts left in the sink. This might disgust some people, but with a thirteen month old running around, I can't always drop everything to rinse that sucker out the way I would like. Having two sinks allows me to soak an insert and still be able to wash my hands in the other sink. 

Second, the toilet and tub are separated from the sinks so I can keep Baby J out of the way when spraying off dirty diapers. At my last home, I would have to wait to spray the diapers off until I could make sure Baby J was distracted and wouldn't try to come and see what I was doing. Now, I can put the pail right next to the toilet and in the doorway and she can't get too close, but can still watch from the other side of the pail. This makes us both happy. 

The new house also has the tub on the same side as the diaper sprayer. I never thought it was a big deal, but now I realize I can sit on the edge of the tub and spray off diapers. My back is very happy about this. 

Lastly, the water level in the toilet is really low so I don't have to worry about splashing poopy water on myself when testing out the water pressure on my sprayer. (It's so important to do this, otherwise, you might get a back splash of poop on you when spraying off the diaper-disgusting, I know!) 
I found this picture at Doable Diapers. I am not unpacked enough yet to start taking pictures and uploading them to the computer! :)

I thought of all these things when Lee, my husband, hooked up our sprayer again last night. I was in a very happy place, sitting on the side of the tub spraying off the stack of diapers from earlier in the day and thought some of you might understand this euphoria. For those of you that don't, it's really not as bad as it sounds. :) Poop happens and we all have to clean it up eventually.
These sprayers are in stock now at Bum Luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment