Thursday, May 26, 2011

Going downtown turned my frown upside down!

I hate waiting. I think most people do. That's why the internet, email and texting is so successful-we no longer have to wait. 

That's what I thought when I applied for my state tax license over two months ago. The Arizona Department of Revenue has a site that guides you step by step through the process of applying for a business license. Then, all you have to do is print out the signature card and either mail it in via snail mail, or go downtown to do it in person. 

Well, like any rational person, I just mailed it in. I figured it would take a week, maybe two, for the envelope to get there, be opened, processed, mailed back and I'd be in business. So I waited. And waited. And waited. As I'm waiting, I am also applying to be a wholesaler to multiple companies. However, I need my tax license for most of them. It is a very frustrating process. 

I decided to call in April and see what the hold up was. Of course, it was right before tax time, so when I was told it was a 6-8 week wait on mail in orders I understood. They said if I came down in person, it would take about a week. I figured it had already been five weeks, so really, it should be here any day now and I wouldn't waste the gas, time and risk Baby J being a not so happy girl in the car. 

Now it's late May and I still never received my license. I decided to just head down there yesterday because I was tired of waiting and there are companies I really want to do business with. I did call on my way-my wait time on the phone was only thirty minutes! This time they said if I came down in person, I would get my license right away. Awesome! Totally worth the drive.

Downtown Phoenix is about 30-40 minutes from our home depending on traffic. I went in the middle of the day so I wouldn't have to worry about rush hour at all. My lovely husband came with me too, so I didn't have to worry about running after Baby J by myself. There was no wait in line at all. The person that served me was very cordial and helpful. In less than ten minutes I finally had my long anticipated tax license. Plus, he wished me luck in my endeavor! That was very nice. 
I think they honor their seal well.
I must say I am super glad I made the drive downtown to get my license. It was worth the time and now I feel official. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment