Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crazy Carvings

Happy Halloween! I love this time of year: the beginning of cooler weather, the start of the holiday season and plenty of reasons to make delicious foods of all types!

Every year I strive to have the best pumpkin around. I have no talent when it comes to art, but now that there are kits for amateurs like me to use, my pumpkins always look great. At least I think they do!

One of my favorite things to do before I decide on what to carve is look on the internet to see designs and other people's work. Every year I see something that is new in the pumpkin decorating world and I'm always amazed. People can be so creative!

This year I have seen a ton of birthing pumpkins. Pumpkins carved and placed to look like they are giving birth. I have seen some babies carved into pumpkins to look like they are in utero and some breastfeeding pumpkins. I did look to see if I could find a pumpkin related to cloth diapering; however, no such luck. I would have done it myself, but I was running low on time and had to pick something quick.

Here are my family's pumpkins for 2012 and some of my favorites from across the internet.

Raiders pumpkin on the left, Lee picked the design, but didn't carve, so I did. Elmo in the center-Baby J's pumpkin carved by me. Bat in the moon on the right, my pumpkin carved by hubby since I had to do his. :)













Feel free to share your pumpkins with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment